Becoming a Member
If you are a tenant of Thenue or live permanently in one of our properties you can take out membership and, if you wish, become involved in the work we do.
Click here for more information on becoming a member.
Our Management Committee takes on the responsibility of running the Association’s affairs, but also plays an important role in developing our various communities. It provides strategic leadership and monitors and evaluates the organisation’s business to achieve continued improvements for customers.
Members of the Management Committee are expected to:
- Have an interest in making our communities better places to live
- Keep up to date with Regulatory requirements and the legal framework surrounding housing
- Keep up to date with the local operating environment
- Attend training and keep knowledge current
- Prepare for meetings, attend and contribute
- Make informed decisions
- Represent the organisation positively and effectively
- Be involved in recruitment and selection
- Respect the confidentiality of Thenue's business
- Work effectively with Thenue staff
- Annually complete a declaration of interest return
The members of our current Management Committee are: Yvonne McShea (Chair), George Alexander(Vice chair), Kitty Chalmers, Jon Cowlan, Charlotte Levy, Cathy Martin, Jim McLellan, Filbert Musau, Willie Redmond, Ann Scott, Owen Stewart, Margaret Vass (vice chair).
Our Management Committee meetings for the remainder of the 2011-2012 period are as follows:
- 22nd November
- 14th February
- 20th March
- 22nd May
(meetings are held on Tuesdays at 6.15pm in our London Road office)
In addition to our Management Committee, we have a number of sub committees which have delegated responsibility for certain parts of our business.
- Housing Management
- Finance & Staffing
- Property Services
- Community Regeneration