What to do if things go wrong

In the first instance, we would always encourage you to try to sort the issue out with the member of staff you have been dealing with. If however, you cannot reach a satisfactory solution with this member of staff you should ask to speak to the senior officer for the team or department who can then assist you.

Formalising your complaint

You can read our Customer Complaints Handling Procedure Leaflet here

If you wish to make a complaint to us, you can do so:

  • via the self-service app or portal
  • in person at 423 London Road, or any of our Service Centres
  • by phone
  • in writing
  • by email

You may wish to use the complaints form to give us the details of your complaint, but you do not have to. 

If you have used the complaints process and are still dissatisfied, you can contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (www.spso.org.uk). If you are an owner-occupier, whose property is factored by Thenue, you should contact the Housing and Property Chamber, First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (https://www.housingandpropertychamber.scot/contact-us)

The Ombudsman service is free, impartial and independent. The Ombudsman will usually only examine complaints if Thenue’s own complaints process has been exhausted, and if complaints are referred within 12 months from when the problem happened, or first became known about.

Significant Performance Failure

The Scottish Housing Regulator has published information on what a Significant Performance Failure (SPF) is and how you can report one to them.  You can view the information by clicking here.  An SPF is not an individual tenant complaint about services.  If you have a complaint, for example, if you are unhappy about how we have carried out repairs to your own home, then you should raise this directly with Thenue through our complaints procedure detailed above.